Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ode to Laughter

...
In an attempt to cheer myself up; I decided to take on a project. Why I thought it would cheer me up to try and figure out how to create a slide-show by myself and then somehow get it onto my blog I do not know. Perhaps I was more focused on the end result than on the inevitable frustrations involved in getting to the end result. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess.

I felt I needed to do something to share the lighter side of things. One of the most important things I have learned in my lifetime (so far) is the power of laughter. As parents in general, and parents of children with special needs in particular I think we have a tendency to take ourselves a little too seriously. Not to say that we shouldn't take parenting, or our children's struggles seriously; but there is always room for laughter. I think one of the best lessons I can teach my children is the importance of finding the fun in every single day, even the "bad days". Laughter is like a band-aid for a bad day.

So here it is... my blog's first slide show. It's entitled "Ode to Laughter", and is just a collection of pictures that have the power to make me smile. enjoy.







.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful job JEssica! It brought a smile to my face the whole time I watched it...Little Drew is such a handsome little guy with a infectious smile! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a picture-perfect piece of joy your Drew is. The video was great and I loved the music. I'm glad you found something to do with that oh so annoying free time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one of him with the toothbrush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jessica. I needed a laugh today. I'm having my own low day today. Love the nude shots. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! Thank you for posting it : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the laughter! You've inspired me to take more embarrassing pictures. The kids are going to love you for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the last pic. What a happy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this adorable slide show. It's true the laughter and joy we get from our kids gets us through the rough times!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure how I missed this! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture of your son at the mini table is sooooo cute! And then the "hair-doo" shot... I made me smile. He is so beautiful and I for one am very glad he is in this world to brighten it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so darn cute! I can see why those pictures make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness, those pictures are amazing...they'd bring a smile to even the grumpiest of faces :-).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved it! Your Drew is darling!

    ReplyDelete