Thursday, December 18, 2008

rashes and fevers and appendix's oh my!

So Tony finally had his appendix removed on Friday. We stayed at Children's Hospital in Seattle overnight. I'd thought with all the hospitalizations we've had in the past year with Drew that I'd stayed pretty much everywhere in the hospital but this one was new. We spent the night in one of the "new" observation rooms. The accommodations were not so good. Its probably best I don't go into it. I will just say that its a good thing it was just one night. The staff was great though. We left on Saturday afternoon, the car ride was not so fun for Tony but at least the weather held. I was happy to get home to my littlest monster but upon arrival I noticed the littlest monster didn't seem to be feeling quite his monstery self. I took his temp and he was running a low-grade fever 100.7 soooooo, two sick kids. Arrrggghhh. Then.... Sunday morning Tony wakes up with a very interesting looking rash. In the perfect shape of where they taped him off for his surgery is a bright red bumpy horrible looking rash. Super itchy according to Tony. It seems his skin had a bad reaction to the soap or whatever they used to clean the surgery site. So add benedryl to the pain meds. Poor kid. 4 days later and its just now starting to get better. Drew stopped running a fever Monday, and then Tuesday night HE gets a rash. Much different from his big bro's . I don't know if it itches him since he can't tell me. It looks exactly the same as the rash he got the week after his immunizations, pink and blotchy. It seems better today. But now my dear husband seems to be coming down with a rather nasty cold. Sheesh. When will it end?

4 comments:

  1. Hope everyone is on the mend! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that sounds like a bunch to take in all so close together! You are handling it lots better than I probably would! Good luck with everything and I hope everyone takes a quick turn for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain! I too have a DS child, very close in age to your son. Since late September we have had 3 week long stays in the hospital down is Seattle. What we learn is how strong we are, what our children mean to us, and what the world truly is about. I dread our next hospital stay, but know I will endure anything to keep my little boy safe, and free of as much pain as possible.

    I am in Bellingham, curious where you are located as our sons are so very close in age. Ethan was born 8/27/2007.

    Take care, stay strong, 2009 will bring new challenges and new triumphs for us all!

    Leah
    Lratledge@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete