Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How to Start?

I am new to this. The online world. The world of "special needs" still feels new to me too, even after a year. I don't know how to start, do I just jump right in? Do I provide background? Am I supposed to think things through and say something meaningful or just... blap it all out? Please bear with me readers (If I have any) I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Why am I doing this? Not really sure. I think maybe I need a voice. A place to let things out so that my head won't be so full of thoughts, worries, fears, etc. A place to celebrate too, and share those momentous occasions with the family and friends I hope will read this.

If someone had asked me a little over a year ago if I would ever consider doing a blog I would have looked at them like they were nuts! I share myself freely with those I know well, but I tend to be shy around strangers. Drew has changed me so much though, in so many wonderful ways. I guess that's the real reason I'm doing this. I want to share Drew, and our story, with others. Maybe someone out there whose world has been turned upside because a baby they love has been diagnosed with Down syndrome will read this and not be so scared. Having your world turn upside down is a little scary, but I think things look more interesting when you're upside down. Try it :)

6 comments:

  1. How adorable are you?! I am so excited to keep updated through your blog, I already love it! I can tell its already going to be more fun to read than mine is!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - i'm from the BBC board - Just wanted to say that i look forward to reading your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Jessica!! Welcome to the world of blogdom. I don't know about everyone else, but I just like hearing what's going on in the lives of everyone's sweet children. If you decide to get philosophical, that's great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog....you were quick! Can't wait to keep up with your cute family...Thanks for sharing your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly the same reasons why I started a blog about Dylan.
    Looking forward to reading more : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer - it's time for another post! Waiting, not so patiently over here.

    ReplyDelete